Wyoming libraries were serving more than just the patrons who walked through their doors on Snapshot Day. Statewide electronic resources make visiting the library as easy as firing up your laptop, tablet, or cell phone. GoWYLD.net offers articles, ebooks, scholarly sources, downloadable audiobooks, courses and tutorials, and much more. These are available to every Wyoming resident, 24 hours a day. On October 10, Wyoming Snapshot Day, there were:
- 1,057 Encyclopedia Britannica sessions
- 2,381 sessions using the Gale databases, with 1,353 full-text retrievals
- 100 Mango Language sessions, accessing 150 courses
- 274 ebooks and audiobooks downloaded from CloudLibrary
- 341 RBDigital audiobook, ebook, and digital magazine downloads
- 118 checkouts from TotalBoox
This is only a sampling — there are many more resources available. Find them all in GoWYLD.net.
Here at the Wyoming State Library, we’re ready for Talk Like a Pirate Day tomorrow, September 19. Take a look at the quick video to see our very own WSL buccaneers in action.
Need to brush up on your pirate lingo? Try Mango Languages for a quick course. Find more resources on our Talk Like a Pirate Day LibGuide.
Patrons using the Zinio for Libraries app will now see a popup message when opening the app that alerts them to the changes coming soon which will require them to use the RBdigital app in the future.
The message appears on both iOS and Android devices and notes that the new app is compatible with Android 4.1 and above, and iOS 9 and above. The popup looks like this:
You can also watch a recorded overview of the new app at https://vimeo.com/211765519
More app options from the Wyoming State Library here.
Tomorrow, on Tuesday, June 27, the new RBDigital app will roll out, allowing Wyoming library patrons to find all the downloadable audiobooks, ebooks, and digital magazines now accessed through OneClick Digital and Zinio in one convenient spot. This product is part of GoWYLD.net’s e-content resources.
The app will be available for Android, iOS, and Kindle Fire. Not only does it combine e-content in one spot, it’s also easier to navigate and has expanded help screens. Zinio users can check out magazines within the app, rather than having to go out to the website.
Some good things to know about this change:
- The migration to RBDigital will begin at 6 p.m. MT this evening, June 26, and is expected to take approximately 14 hours. Services will be unavailable during the migration.
- Current OneClick Digital and Zinio users will receive a notification to download RBDigital. The existing apps will be supported through a transitional period, so users will not need to upgrade immediately.
- Upgrading to the new app is optional for now, but the old apps will be retired sometime this fall.
- Existing checkouts will not be lost, although materials will have to be downloaded again once RBDigital is installed.
Patrons needing assistance may call for toll-free support at 877-77-AUDIO (877-772-8346). Live support is available Monday through Friday, from 7:30 AM until 6:00 PM EST. Online assistance may be found by clicking Help on the OneClick website and going to the Support tab to fill in a form describing the problems. Or they may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lake Marie, Snowy Range
June is Great Outdoors Month, a perfect time to enjoy all the beauty Wyoming has to offer. Wyoming libraries can help you make the most of it with free, online resources in GoWYLD.net. Check out these resources for inspiration:
- Zinio Digital Magazines has a great selection of outdoor titles, including Backcountry, Backpacker, Canoe & Kayak, Field & Stream, National Geographic Traveler, and Outside.
- Total Boox (ebooks) has an extensive Travel section. Find guides to National Parks or Route 66 and other road trips — not to mention all the hidden gems in Wyoming. Get out and explore!
- Wyoming Places gives you the scoop on historical and current information for everything from ghost towns and Pony Express stations to the thriving Equality State communities of today.
- Bookflix lets you enjoy a video storybook as you explore nature with children. Watch their eyes light up with titles such as In the Small, Small Pond; Bugs, Bugs, Bugs!; and Rosie’s Walk.
Log into these fantastic GoWYLD.net
resources any time, anywhere, with a Wyoming public, community college, or university library card and PIN. Questions? Find help and tutorials
on the site, or contact your local library for assistance.
With Father’s Day coming up on Sunday, this week is all about the men in your life. Men’s Journal is a men’s magazine with a focus on travel, sports, health, fitness, and style — and it’s available online for free to Wyoming residents through Zinio for Libraries in GoWYLD. Log in with your library card and PIN, and read it wherever you are on your computer or tablet.
In Zinio, you’ll find titles such as Esquire, Car and Driver, ESPN, Family Handyman, Muscle and Fitness, Outdoor Life, and many more. Whatever Dad’s interest