Here at the Wyoming State Library, we’re ready for Talk Like a Pirate Day tomorrow, September 19. Take a look at the quick video to see our very own WSL buccaneers in action.
Patrons using the Zinio for Libraries app will now see a popup message when opening the app that alerts them to the changes coming soon which will require them to use the RBdigital app in the future.
The message appears on both iOS and Android devices and notes that the new app is compatible with Android 4.1 and above, and iOS 9 and above. The popup looks like this:
You can also watch a recorded overview of the new app at https://vimeo.com/211765519
Tomorrow, on Tuesday, June 27, the new RBDigital app will roll out, allowing Wyoming library patrons to find all the downloadable audiobooks, ebooks, and digital magazines now accessed through OneClick Digital and Zinio in one convenient spot. This product is part of GoWYLD.net’s e-content resources.
The app will be available for Android, iOS, and Kindle Fire. Not only does it combine e-content in one spot, it’s also easier to navigate and has expanded help screens. Zinio users can check out magazines within the app, rather than having to go out to the website.
Some good things to know about this change:
- The migration to RBDigital will begin at 6 p.m. MT this evening, June 26, and is expected to take approximately 14 hours. Services will be unavailable during the migration.
- Current OneClick Digital and Zinio users will receive a notification to download RBDigital. The existing apps will be supported through a transitional period, so users will not need to upgrade immediately.
- Upgrading to the new app is optional for now, but the old apps will be retired sometime this fall.
- Existing checkouts will not be lost, although materials will have to be downloaded again once RBDigital is installed.
Patrons needing assistance may call for toll-free support at 877-77-AUDIO (877-772-8346). Live support is available Monday through Friday, from 7:30 AM until 6:00 PM EST. Online assistance may be found by clicking Help on the OneClick website and going to the Support tab to fill in a form describing the problems. Or they may send an email to email@example.com.
June is Great Outdoors Month, a perfect time to enjoy all the beauty Wyoming has to offer. Wyoming libraries can help you make the most of it with free, online resources in GoWYLD.net. Check out these resources for inspiration:
- Zinio Digital Magazines has a great selection of outdoor titles, including Backcountry, Backpacker, Canoe & Kayak, Field & Stream, National Geographic Traveler, and Outside.
- Total Boox (ebooks) has an extensive Travel section. Find guides to National Parks or Route 66 and other road trips — not to mention all the hidden gems in Wyoming. Get out and explore!
- Wyoming Places gives you the scoop on historical and current information for everything from ghost towns and Pony Express stations to the thriving Equality State communities of today.
- Bookflix lets you enjoy a video storybook as you explore nature with children. Watch their eyes light up with titles such as In the Small, Small Pond; Bugs, Bugs, Bugs!; and Rosie’s Walk.
With Father’s Day coming up on Sunday, this week is all about the men in your life. Men’s Journal is a men’s magazine with a focus on travel, sports, health, fitness, and style — and it’s available online for free to Wyoming residents through Zinio for Libraries in GoWYLD. Log in with your library card and PIN, and read it wherever you are on your computer or tablet.
In Zinio, you’ll find titles such as Esquire, Car and Driver, ESPN, Family Handyman, Muscle and Fitness, Outdoor Life, and many more. Whatever Dad’s interests — from fly fishing to fashion — he’s sure to find some great reading in GoWYLD.
Whether you’re looking to find a new job in your current field or pursue a career in a different industry, Job & Career Accelerator™ has the powerful tools and expert guidance to help you through every step of the process. Job & Career Accelerator™ puts everything you need to land a job in one place. You can:
- Explore over 1,000 different occupations
- Discover the career that’s best for you
- Search local and national job and internship postings
- Create professional resumes and cover letters
- Practice and master interviewing skills
- Get valuable job-search tips and advice at every step
- Organize and track your job-search progress
Want to promote this newest Learning Express resource in your library? Find ready-to-print bookmarks from the Wyoming State Library’s marketing downloads page. Learning Express Library also offers many more promotional materials, including product sheets, graphics, and social media tips.