The Wyoming Library Association Youth Services Interest Group will hold its 2017 Spring Meeting, “Telling Our Library’s Story,” on May 5, 2017, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Fremont County Public Library in Lander. Speakers will be:
- Kate Lutz, Storyteller: “Catching, Shaping, Growing Stories”
- Learn the basics of oral storytelling, from developing the tale, to effective telling. Understand the basic stories of any organization. Consider story possibilities beyond the folktale. Explore storytelling tips and techniques. Practice your newly developed skills.
- This keynote looks across the wide spectrum of storytelling as used by storytellers, speakers, writers, organizations and the community. With an emphasis on practical applications, we explore story structure and engagement techniques. The goal is telling compelling stories, whether traditional tales or personal and professional experiences.
- Wyoming Storytellers’ Guild
- Join Michelle King, Cathy Ringler, and other members of Wyoming’s newly-formed Storytellers’ Guild to build on the ideas from the morning workshop and discuss storytelling in Wyoming.