Wait! Don’t get rid of that… A profile of needs and guide to giving library material to the Wyoming State Institution Libraries
This guide contains contact information and brief descriptions of the 13 Wyoming State Institution Libraries. It lists each library’s equipment/circulating material needs and wants by institution, type of material, and genre.
Wyoming Institution Library Directors’ Handbook
The Wyoming Institution Library Directors’ Handbook contains all of the information listed on this website as well as information on collection development, weeding a library collection, cataloging library material, using the statewide databases, and intellectual freedom.
Library Services and Technology Act Stipends for Institution Libraries
The Wyoming State Library provides yearly LSTA grants to purchase reading material for the residents and incarcerated of the 13 state institutions. Grants are awarded each January. For current year award information or account balance, contact Tom Ivie at email@example.com or 307-777-6330.
Carol McMurry Library Endowment Grants
The Carol McMurry Library Endowment was established in 2000 within the Wyoming Community Foundation to provide support to Wyoming librarians and publicly accessible Wyoming libraries in three areas: Education & Training (Library and Individual); Library Resources; and Library Foundation Development.
Free eBook Resources PDF
- Free eBooks you can use Offline: video tutorial available from YouTube or from the WSL site;
- GoWYLD eContent: ebooks, downloadable audiobooks and digital magazines.
High Interest, Low Literacy Booklists
- Resource Room for Older Readers (publishers of these materials);
- Easy information sources for ESL, adult learners, & new readers (State Library collection).
Free or Low-cost Integrated Library Systems
Wyoming State Library: 2009 Institution Library Managers Workshop
Wyoming State Library Central Acquisitions Program
This program allows Wyoming libraries and institutions to save money through centralized bulk ordering of library materials. Discounts range between 10 and 15% depending on the vender. Invoices are paid by the Central Acquisitions Office and all items are shipped directly to the purchasing entity. Learn more here.
State Library Planning Calendar
This online calendar lists upcoming training events, programs, and seminars on library and information management related topics occurring throughout the state, as well as links to outside training resources.
Continuing Education Grants
Check these funding sources for possible grants if you are looking at training events, library science courses, or library related workshops to improve your knowledge and level of service. Support is available to those working in a library for graduate coursework, library/media endorsement, technology training, library workshops and other library events. Each granting source has different criteria, deadlines, and requirements. Association membership may be required for some.
- Carol McMurry Library Endowment;
- Nora Van Burgh Professional Development Grants;
- Mountain Plains Library Association Professional Development Grants.
Access to Statewide Databases
Find contact information for all Institution Libraries in the Wyoming Libraries Directory.
- Veterans’ Home of Wyoming
- Wyoming Boy’s School Library
- Wyoming Girls’ School Library
- Wyoming Honor Conservation Camp
- Wyoming Honor Farm Library
- Wyoming Life Resource Center
- Wyoming Medium Correctional Institution
- Wyoming Pioneer Home Library
- Wyoming Retirement Center
- Wyoming Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Wyoming State Hospital Resource Center
- Wyoming State Penitentiary Library
- Wyoming Women’s Center