Library Development Manager
Individuals in publicly accessible libraries are eligible for competitive continuing education grants from the Carol McMurry Library Endowment. The application should be submitted to the Wyoming State Library, not to the Wyoming Community Foundation.
- The educational event identified in the application must NOT begin or occur within 30 days immediately after the deadlines so the Foundation has adequate time to review applications, issue award or denial letters, and process payments prior to the start of the event.
Deadline: Review: Event can occur: January 31 February After March 1 March 31 April After May 1 May 31 June After July 1 July 31 August After September 1 September 30 October After November 1 November 30 December After January 1
- In descending order, continuing education priorities under this Endowment are:
- Courses that support certification or completion of a degree or certificate in the library related subject area;
- Conferences, workshops, seminars or training in the employee’s or volunteer’s library related subject area;
- General courses that may not be directly library related but allow a library employee or volunteer to do his/her job more effectively.
- In descending order, preference in awards are given to employees in:
-Public school libraries
- Individuals need 12 months employment or volunteer time at the current library to be considered for a grant. The 12 months must be completed at the time the application is submitted.
- Individuals may seek funding for a substitute worker as part of the grant, so library operations can continue during the absence.
- The grant is for an individual’s continuing education.
- The maximum award is $1,750 in a calendar year. A second application can be submitted in that calendar year provided the individual has submitted a final report on the initial award. Submission of a new application without closure of a current grant will be declined without advance notice.
- Individuals seeking Endowment support for national or regional conferences should note that the endowment will fund conference attendance once every three years, as determined by the date the conference begins. For example, a grant recipient receiving funds for a conference beginning Jan. 1, 2017 would be ineligible to reapply for any conference beginning before January 1, 2020. Grant funds may not be used for international conferences.
- Final report instructions are included with the letter of award and grant check. All final reports include a financial section wherein an individual is responsible for submitting evidence of expenditures in the form of receipts and invoices corresponding to the amount of the award. Any amount not verified through receipts and invoices must be reimbursed to the fund.
- Awards are made subject to the availability of grant funds.
Libraries seeking continuing education grants for in-service workshops or group training must apply through the regular Carol McMurry Library Endowment application process.