State Publications Librarian
About this Program
Wyoming Statute mandates the administration of a depository program by the WSL for publications produced by Wyoming state government agencies. State Library staff manage the statewide WYLD catalog, which is available at most libraries in Wyoming. Readers can borrow items directly or through Interlibrary Loan. Our holdings are also listed in OCLC/Worldcat and are available to users throughout the world.
The WyDocs classification system was developed by Jerome B. Frobom circa 1976, based upon SuDocs principles, with the collection arranged by issuing agency. The scheme was refined by Elizabeth K. Agar between 1982 and 1990. Learn more about the WyDocs Classification System Guide.
Click the links below to learn more about the WSL’s depository program and how Wyoming state government agencies can help us to fulfill this mandate.
- Statutory Authority for this Program
- Depository Program Instructions: How are Wyoming Agencies Obligated to Comply?
- Definition: What Constitutes a Government Publication?
- Understanding the WyDocs Classification System
- Links to Wyoming State Information
- Wyoming State Publications Database
- Cataloged Executive Orders