Library Development Manager
This handbook is designed to guide you through your role, the responsibilities you carry, the issues you face and the resources available to you as a Wyoming Library Board Member. The Wyoming State Library Division of the Wyoming Department of Administration and Information can offer additional help to you and your library in the form of additional resources, training and consulting on any of the topics in this guide, or any other issues you may face.
Please do not hesitate to call or email our Library Development Office if we may assist you. A toll-free number is available for your use to discuss issues and policies, request presentations or seek board training. 1-800-264-1281. Email assistance is available at email@example.com.
Supplementary Materials and Selected Links
- Other states’ handbooks
- Wyoming Public Library Directors’ Handbook
- Board Evaluation
- Poudre River Public Library District Board Self-Evaluation
- Board Self-Evaluation Questionnaire
- Surrey Public Library Board Self Evaluation
- Board skills matrix samples for library and foundation boards (Excel download)
- Board profile worksheet
From (Tools for Trustees: The Georgia Public Library Trustee Manual)
- Board Evaluation
- Succession – Hiring a New Library Director (Montana State Library)
- A Library Board’s Practical Guide to Finding the Right Library Director
- Hiring a Library Director (Idaho Commission for Libraries)
- Director Performance Appraisal (Idaho Commission for Libraries)
- Mid-Hudson Library System (NY) Director Evaluation
- Wyoming Statute TITLE 27 – LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT in the Wyoming State Statutes
- Wyoming State Library
Questions? Contact the Wyoming State Library’s Library Development Office, or call 307-777-6333 for assistance.
|The Wyoming Public Library Board Members’ Handbook is produced in part with Library Services and Technology Act federal funds awarded to the Wyoming State Library program from the Institute of Museum and Library Service|