Chris Van Burgh
Database Instruction Librarian
Happy New Year!
To kick off 2019, let’s take a look at Nat Geo Kids. This beautiful resource for children ages 6-14 includes books and magazines (every page, every issue), videos, and pictures. Explore topics including animals, the environment, people & cultures, history, science & tech, and places.
Check out the downloadable resources below and don’t forget to register for the upcoming webinar. It’s all good stuff.
Information for Librarians
Review the resources we’ve assembled here to promote this resource in your library. These items are intended to assist the the promotional efforts of Wyoming librarians as they reach out to their patrons. We hope you find them useful. Feel free to download and distribute according to your needs.
Monthly Video Tutorial: National Geographic Kids
Library Marketing Links & Downloads
- WSL Nat Geo Kids Poster (jpg)
- WSL Nat Geo Kids Poster (PDF)
- Gale/Nat Geo Kids Bookmark (PDF)
- Gale/Nat Geo Kids Poster (PDF)
- Gale/Nat Geo Kids Tent Card (PDF)
- Gale/Nat Geo Kids Shelf Talker (PDF)
- Lesson Plan Examples, K—5 (PDF)
- Lesson Plan Example, Pre-K (PDF)
- Tools Tip Sheet for Grades K—5 (PDF)
- Lesson Plan: Jack’s Beans (Grades 2 – 5) (docx)
- Lesson Plan: What if You Were Rosa Parks (Grades 3 – 5) (docx)
- Lesson Plan: Animal Parents and Their Babies (Grade Pre-K) (docx)
- Lesson Plan: Shapes All Around (Grades K – 1) (docx)
- Online Games (external link)
MAC users: you already know what to do, but just in case: enable Secondary Click in System Preferences and tap two fingers on your mouse to make the right click menu appear.