Chris Van Burgh
Database Instruction Librarian
November is Native American Heritage Month
There’s always a lot going on in November, from Thanksgiving, to Veteran’s Day, to the annual struggle to adapt to daylight savings time. And of course, November marks the beginning of the holidays and the associated shopping chaos.
This month let’s honor the first Americans and observe Native American Heritage Month. Gale makes it easy by supplying a number of ready-made, free, downloadable resources. Along with their informative database collections, these items will help you to celebrate the culture, traditions, and history of American Indians and Alaska Natives.
Check out the links below to find banners and images you can print or share via social media. It’s all good stuff.
Information for Librarians
Review the resources we’ve assembled here to promote these Gale resource in your library. These items are intended to assist the the promotional efforts of Wyoming librarians as they reach out to their patrons. We hope you find them useful. Feel free to download and distribute according to your needs.
U.S. History In Context and Native American Heritage Month
Gale pays tribute to their important contributions, histories, and unique challenges both past and present with Native American content featured directly on the homepage of US History In Context for the entire month of November.
Library Marketing Links & Downloads
- WSL November is Native American Heritage Month flyer (jpg)
- WSL November is Native American Heritage Month flyer (PDF)
- Gale Native American Heritage Month downloads
- National Congress of American Indians
- Presidential Proclamation on National Native American Heritage Month, 2018
- National Archives Native American Heritage Month
- Native American Heritage Month on PBS (visit this page to watch several engaging documentaries)
MAC users: you already know what to do, but just in case: enable Secondary Click in System Preferences and tap two fingers on your mouse to make the right click menu appear.