Chris Van Burgh
Database Instruction Librarian
WLLI’s 2018 Cohort
The Wyoming Library Leadership Institute cohort has graduated. These 12 participants were selected through a competitive application process.
- Devin Hodgins – Crest Hill Elementary, Library Media Tech (Casper)
- Rachael Svoboda – Laramie County Library System, Business Services Coordinator
- Helen M. Pugsley – Goshen County Library, Circulation/Reference
- Becky M. Prelle – Campbell County Public Library, Youth Services Specialist
- Doug Loughry – Big Piney Library, Branch Manager
- Jana Marie Reade – Cottonwood Elementary, Library Assistant (Wright)
- Kimberly Heaster – Crook County Public Library, Sundance Branch Librarian
- Kyouhee Choi Berger – Campbell County Public Library, Reference Services Specialist
- Rachel “Danielle” Price – Wyoming State Library, Digital Initiatives Librarian
- Thomas Ivie – Wyoming State Library, Research and Statistics Librarian
- Dana Urman – Campbell County Public Library, Outreach Specialist
- Jennifer Kofoed – Converse County Library – Circulation/ILL Manager
The Leadership Institute exists to provide opportunities for learning, mentoring and developing leadership skills to promote the personal and professional growth of the Wyoming library community.
WLLI is a tool for nurturing both degreed and non-degreed individuals in leadership roles. It’s not a workshop on becoming a library director or a workshop on library administration.
Our main focus this year is Teamwork and Leadership. We are extremely excited about the direction this Institute is taking!
The application period has now closed for Wyoming Library Leadership Institute 2018.
When the application period for the next cohort is announced, individuals associated with all types of libraries (academic, public, school and special) are invited to apply. Trustees, support staff, paraprofessionals, library media specialists and librarians are eligible (trustees must have at least one year remaining in the term of his or her appointment at the time the institute is held). Your leadership role in the Wyoming library community is not based on job title.
The application process is competitive. Those attending are encouraged to take future committee and leadership responsibilities in the Wyoming Library Association (WLA), WYLD Network, educational committees and other library initiatives.
The application period for 2018 has now closed.
The Wyoming Library Leadership Institute began in 2001. View a history of the Wyoming Library Leadership Institute, including a list of graduates.
We have been very lucky to have trainers from the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) Professional Training, and Jep Enck of Enck Resources, Fort Collins, Colorado, be part of the institute since the beginning. They bring expertise and approachability.