- Know the General Skills and be signed up for the appropriate distribution list.
- Understand the basic functions of reserve room wizards.
- Be able to charge, renew, and discharge reserve material.
- Be able to change due dates.
- Be able to process fines.
- Understand how reserve materials are displayed in WYLDcat.
- Be able to search for reserve room materials in WYLDCat.
- Know how to access context sensitive online helps.
- Know when to contact the WYLD Office for assistance.
- Know how to verify library specific reserve desk session settings.
- Know how to set the checkout wizard properties to allow reserve material(s) charges.
- Understand reserve room status relationships, individual instructor/course records and reserve copy statuses.
- Know how to create, edit and remove course information, instructor and reserve control record records.
- Know how to create, maintain and remove temporary MARC bibliographic records for reserve desk and electronic reserve desk materials.
- Know how to create, edit and link reserve item records.
- Understand how circulation rules govern loan periods and fines for reserve materials.
- Know how to change existing MARC bibliographic records to reserve status and return to regular circulation status when Reserve is no longer required.
- Recognize institution specific circulation rules and correctly apply them to Reserve item(s).
- Know how to use reports to update reserve information and statuses.
- Know how to run usage and information reports and notices.
reviewed April 2019
Comments? Questions? Click here for the WYLD online comments form.