- Be signed up for the WYLDNEWS email distribution list.
- Know how to select an age-appropriate resource based on researcher’s needs.
- Know how to select a resource appropriate to the researcher’s subject area.
- Know how to conduct basic searches in common resources.
- Know where to find help with each resource.
- Know how to save, export, or email results.
- Know when to contact the State Library for assistance. (e.g. when a resource is requiring authentication)
- Know how to refine searches.
- Know how to use advanced search interfaces.
- Know how to apply basic Boolean and field specific searching.
- Know how to cite an online resource.
- Know how to locate full text sources using eJournal portal and the Wyoming Union List of Periodicals (WULP)
- Be familiar with vendor specific customization options such as saved searches, folders, alerts, Google Drive integration, etc.
- Know where to find usage statistics and more information for library staff using the State Library’s LibGuides.
- Be familiar with vendor websites to access tutorials, marketing tools, handouts, and subscribe to news or announcements.
Reviewed April 2019
Comments? Questions? Click here for the WYLD online comments form.