Authority Processing was completed over the weekend of February 23rd-24th, 2019.
More information about the corrections made to the WYLD Database as a result of Authority Processing.
On February 4th, 2019, a copy of our WYLD bibliographic database will be extracted and sent to SirsiDynix for processing. The heading tags for names and subjects on our bibliographic records will be corrected to valid entries. New authority records that match our headings will be sent back to us when the bibliographic record file is returned. Authority processing is not limited to updating authority records themselves, it will also update aspects of the bibliographic record including updating obsolete MARC coding, removing GMDs, creating RDA tags 336-338 where needed, standardizing abbreviations, and much more.
Project Timing : February 4th – 21st
Authority processing begins at the end of the day on Monday February 4, 2019 and is expected to be completed by the end of the day on Thursday February 21, 2019. A copy of the bibliographic database will be sent to SirsiDynix for processing after 10 p.m. on Feb 4th.
Beginning on Feb 5th, there will be restrictions on work that can be done at WYLD libraries.
Technical Services Impacts
Things you can’t do during authority processing:
- Edit existing bib records
- Edit the title control number of any existing bib records
- Overlay bib records
- Delete bib records
- Use the Transfer Titles wizard
- Run the Remove Discard report (all of the scheduled remove discard reports will be suspended on that Monday; we will also password the report so it cannot be run manually)
- Run 9xx Bib loads
- Run ANY bib loads of any kind
Things you can do during authority processing:
- Add NEW bib records using the SmartPort wizard as long as the incoming record does not overlay an existing bib record
- Edit only those NEW bib records
- Add or edit call number of any bib record, both existing and new
- Add barcodes to any bib record, both existing and new
- Delete call numbers and barcodes as long as that removal doesn’t cause the deletion of the bib record
- Add brief title records
- Check in magazines
WYLD functions unaffected by Authority Processing
- Circulation functions are not affected. The ability to circulate materials can continue as normal.
- All tasks related to patrons can continue as normal. No patron records are affected by the authority processing.
- Enterprise (WYLDCAT) is not affected.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com