MPLA 2014 Leadership Institute
May 4-9, 2014; Estes Park, Colorado
DEADLINE: Friday, November 1, 2013
Where will your library career be in another five years? If you see yourself as a leader on the job or within your library association, then this institute will help you to hone the necessary set of skills and increase your insight into leadership aspects from any level.
The 9th MPLA Leadership Institute will again be facilitated by nationally known organizational development consultant Maureen Sullivan. Ms. Sullivan has over 25 years of experience in leadership development and is the immediate Past President of the American Library Association. She helped establish the ACRL/Harvard Leadership Institute and is a faculty member for its annual program.
Criteria for applicants:
- Employed in a library organization in MPLA’s 12-state region
- Current member of one of MPLA’s 12 affiliated state library associations
- Minimum of 5 years in a library-related job with progressive experience
- Record of experience that demonstrates leadership potential
- Expected continued contribution to the profession
- A thoughtfully completed application
- Two letters of recommendation
- MPLA members = $550; Non-MPLA members = $650
- Includes lodging (based on double-occupancy) and all meals
- Attendees pay for their own transportation costs. Individual libraries, state libraries, and state associations have assisted attendees with registration and/or transportation costs in the past. It is up to the individual attendees to pursue these or other sources of financial assistance.
Selection and notification:
30 participants will be selected through a process involving states and the MPLA Leadership Institute Committee. Notifications will be sent by December 15, 2013.
Application form: http://www.mpla.us/