Here’s a way you can bolster your library resume while safe at home: Obtain a Consumer Health Information Specialization certificate from the Medical Library Association in a month by taking online courses provided by the National Network of Libraries of Medicine. Courses are available for free to any library staff member interested in providing reliable consumer health information to their patrons. Obtain your Level I or II certification by taking these classes:
- Health and Wellness @ the Library: The Essentials of Providing Consumer Health Services
- Beyond the Binary: Health Resources for Sexual and Gender Minorities
- Beyond an Apple A Day: Providing Consumer Health Information at Your Library
- Introduction to Health Reference: Ethics and Best Practices – On-demand
- MedlinePlus for Public Librarians
- PubMed Essentials 2020 (on-demand)
See the full CHIS Accelerated Learning Plan.
Questions? Contact George Strawley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (801) 581-5242.