Grants can be a valuable source of funds for library projects. But if you’ve never done one, how do you start? The Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) has put together a six-part series outlining the steps you need to take to write an effective grant.
“Getting the Grant: A YA Librarians Guide to Grant Writing” includes:
- Part 1: The types of outside funding available
- Part 2: Planning the details — “the five W’s”
- Part 3: Reading the fine print on the guidelines
- Part 4: Building your case — finding the evidence to support your project
- Part 5: Planning how to demonstrate project impact
- Part 6: Writing the grant.
Grants are more about planning than writing. This YALSA series will walk you through it. Get started with Part 1 at yalsa.ala.org/blog/2015/10/22/getting-the-grant-a-ya-librarians-guide-to-grant-writing-the-first-step.