Registration is open for the Innovative Libraries Online Conference, sponsored by the State Library of Iowa. This free event takes place from 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. MST (9:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. CST) on Thursday, January 17.
The ILOC offers keynote speakers and sessions on a variety of topics — all online in a Zoom meeting room, so you can attend from your library or from home. Come and go throughout the day, attending the sessions you’re most interested in. A main goal of ILOC is to replicate the “in-person” conference experience but a free option with no travel component.
While the last two sessions of the day, beginning at 2:00 p.m. MST, are more Iowa-specific, the keynote and first four events provide information valuable to libraries everywhere. All times listed here are MST:
- Keynote, 8:00-9:00 a.m.: How to Compassionately Manage Problematic Behavior from Homeless (and all other) Patrons
- Session 1, 9:10-10:00 a.m.: Global Gathering Programming; Bring the World to Your Patrons
- Session 2, 10:10-11:00 a.m.: Every Voice Matters; How Community Input Helps People Feel Welcome
- Session 3: 12:00-12:50 p.m.: People–Partnerships–Possibilities
- Session 4: 1:00-1:50 p.m.: Libraries and LEOs: Partnerships for Programming
Learn more and register on the State Library of Iowa’s website. Space is limited.