Application deadline: April 15, 2019
The Big Horn County Library Board of Trustees is seeking a person to fill the position of Library Director who oversees and advocates for Big Horn County Library System that serves the people in Big Horn County, Wyoming.
Qualifications that are required and desired are MLS, a bachelor’s degree with public library experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition to library and/or business operations and administrative knowledge, the following are essential professional skills required:
- competency in QuickBooks and other computer systems that are currently in use or
may be implemented in future;
- ability to effectively communicate ideas and information in verbal and written forms.
- ability to identify priorities, develop goals and strategies to achieve them, meet
deadlines, assess patron/community needs, and provide quality library services; and
- excellent interpersonal, leadership, public speaking, customer service
skills, with the added ability to problem solve.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- budgeting and fiscal management;
- oversight of programs and services;
- hiring, training and supervision of library employees;
- management and organization of acquisitions, and control of collections;
- maintenance and safety of library buildings; and
- developing positive public relations with patrons, donor, volunteers, teachers, community organizations, business and city/county officials.