BAAS03-03351-Office Assistant 1
Wyoming State Library, Cheyenne WY
Salary: $1,978.00 – $2,473.00 Monthly
Open until filled
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Perform a variety of detailed administrative and clerical duties using library specific software.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Prepares, proofreads and edits routine correspondence, reports, tables, and records.
- Processes and reviews routine paperwork and/or enters data into a department log or database.
- Maintains department records system, including filing, scanning, retrieving and archiving documents, researching files, etc.
- Prepares and collects timesheets for department or office.
- Makes arithmetic calculations; prepares and codes billings; verifies receipts.
- Greets and directs a high volume of visitors, deliveries and the general public.
- Makes calls and answers telephones and may route calls to appropriate staff.
- With appropriate information, responds to requests for information; and makes referrals, and resolves customer complaints. This may involve research or agency specialized knowledge.
- Processes and distributes all incoming mail; prepares mailings.
- Orders, receives, stores and distributes supplies; maintains inventory.
- Maintains calendars, makes appointments and travel arrangements, arranges meeting rooms.
- Provides customer service, as they are often the first point of contact for an agency.
- Assist staff with travel arrangements.
- Maintains files and reference manuals/materials.
- Performs some functions such as monitor budgets, expenses, purchase orders, contracts or prepare vouchers.
- Because of the specialized nature of the job, may be required to train/guide others in an agency specific process.
- Monitors pertinent office equipment such as computers, phone systems, etc., coordinating maintenance, etc.
- Reviews and verifies data.
- Responsible for assisting in the review, research and development of material and documents.
- Explains or interprets procedures.
PREFERENCES: Preference may be given to applicants with previous customer service experience.
- Knowledge of office procedures, filing, alphabetizing, English language and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and email programs.
- Knowledge of assembling, sorting and distributing documents.
- Knowledge of reviewing and editing documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Knowledge of methods used to tactfully deal with the public.
- Knowledge of telephone etiquette and coordinating telephone and visitor traffic.
- Knowledge of preparation of records, reports, and correspondence.
- Knowledge of agency policies and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma plus 0-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Business Office communications) OR 0-3 years of progressive work experience (typically in Business Office communications).
Job description and online application at: