There’s a reason for all those happy faces on Wyoming Snapshot Day, held this year on October 10. Every day, hardworking staff in Wyoming libraries serve their communities. On Snapshot Day alone, Wyoming’s public and community college libraries:
- Circulated 12,170 items, including 5070 children’s items
- Issued 102 new library cards
- Added 745 items to their catalogs
- Had over 3.62 million items available to Wyoming’s residents in their collections
From data collected annually by the Wyoming State Library, we estimate that on Tuesday, Oct. 10, there were:
- 39,689 visits to public libraries
- 2,324 people using a public library computer
- 1,061 reference questions answered in public libraries
- 850 children and teens who attended programs at their public libraries
- 41 meeting room uses
- 650 wireless internet sessions
- 6,693 retrievals of information from WYLD databases
See photos, videos, and patron comments on the Wyoming Snapshot Day website.
For more library numbers, see the WSL’s Wyoming Library Statistics page on the website, or contact Thomas Ivie, Research & Statistic librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (307) 777-6330.