You’ll find many offerings for school librarians on the training calendar we post monthly. It’s not always easy, though, to sign in when a webinar is scheduled when you’re dealing with a crowd of students in your library. Some of the continuing education providers we follow offer webinars you can watch on your schedule. These six are of special interest to school librarians:
- Education Week – A collection of free virtual broadcasts from one of the most respected sources for education news and insights.
- School Library Journal – Recorded webcasts from the respected publication for librarians and information specialists who work with children and teens.
- TL Virtual Cafe – Conversations about teacher-librarians,
educational technology, and collaborative connections to facilitate meaningful
and lifelong learning skills.
- TL News Night – Monthly discussion of topical school library issues presented in news show format.
- Teacher Resources from the Library of Congress – Primary sources and more! A YouTube playlist of LOC online sessions.
- WSL School Library Resources – The State Library’s playlist for webinars from Paige Bredenkamp, our school library consultant.
And of course check out the rest of Wyoming State Library’s offerings on our YouTube channel or webinar archives page. If you have questions about school library resources, please contact WSL’s school library consultant Paige Bredenkamp at firstname.lastname@example.org or (307) 777-6331.