Through a new report issued by the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), Academic Library Impact on Student Learning and Success: Findings from Assessment in Action Team Projects, the higher education community now has compelling assessment findings that tell a strong story about the multiple ways that academic libraries are contributing to student learning and success
Positive connections between the library and aspects of student learning and success in five areas are particularly noteworthy:
- Students benefit from library instruction in their initial coursework.
- Library use increases student success.
- Collaborative academic programs and services involving the library enhance student learning.
- Information literacy instruction strengthens general education outcomes.
- Library research consultations boost student learning.
The ACRL is a division of the American Library Association.