SHRAB Grants for Training and Consulting

Sep 10, 2020

The Wyoming State Historical Records Advisory Board (SHRAB) wants to help you learn more about preserving your historical records and making them available.

If you work with historical papers, photographs, newspapers, videos, audiotapes, or other archival materials, the SHRAB is making up to $2,500 available to help your organization pay for training opportunities that may be beyond your budget this year.

The SHRAB is also interested in receiving applications for funds to hire an archival consultant. Such a consultant could advise your institution on how to arrange and preserve your collections, or digitize them, and make them available to the public. The SHRAB web page has listings of training opportunities, and we can show you where to look to find archival consultants.

Apply for funding by October 1; all training or consultations must take place before December 31, 2020. Applications will be evaluated as they are received.

Contact Kathy Marquis, SHRAB Coordinator and Wyoming State Archivist, with any questions about the suitability of the training or consulting work you have in mind at (307) 777-8691 or

Submit applications by October 1, 2020, by email to Kathy, or send your application by mail to her attention at Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Central Ave., Cheyenne WY 82002.

All projects related to the mission and goals of the SHRAB will be considered. All work to be funded by SHRAB funds must be focused on records (paper, AV, or digital), but not physical artifacts.

The Wyoming SHRAB promotes the identification, preservation and dissemination of the state’s historical records, by encouraging and supporting ongoing training programs for state, tribal and local governments, local repositories, organizations, and others involved in records care in Wyoming.

Funding for SHRAB grants is made available by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission of the National Archives. The program is administered by the Wyoming State Archives, which is part of the Department of State Parks and Cultural Resources.


If you have a question about this or any other article, please contact us at

Browse by Category

Browse by Month

Similar Articles You May Like