Wyoming librarians are invited to join a virtual training on the Leap into Science curriculum, brought to you by the Wyoming Afterschool Alliance, the Wyoming State Library and the Wyoming Alliance for Environmental Education.
Leap into Science is a nationwide program developed by The Franklin Institute Science Museum that integrates open-ended science activities with children’s books, designed for children ages 3-10 and their families. The program empowers educators to offer workshops in community settings like libraries, museums, out-of-school time programs, and early childhood programs to engage underserved audiences in accessible and familiar settings.
The topic for these trainings is Light & Shadow.
- Monday, February 1 from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. (focus on afterschool educators)
- Tuesday, February 9 from 3:30-5:30 p.m (focus on early childhood educators)
Although the sessions will focus on the different program needs of the specific audiences, librarians may attend either one that fits their schedules. Download and share the flyer with colleagues!
Leap into Science member organizations make a commitment to:
- Schedule and lead at least three (3) Leap into Science workshops (learning sessions) for children and families living in underserved rural or urban communities by Fall 2021
- Post each workshop to The Connectory, a searchable directory for STEM programs across the country
- Lead Leap into Science activities during National Leap into Science Week, June 7-13, 2021
- Complete a workshop report following each workshop
- Participate in quarterly calls with other trained educators in your state
You will receive
Each organization who participates in Leap into Science will receive:
- A free virtual training on high-quality science and literacy curriculum and facilitation strategies for two or more educators
- Ongoing support during program implementation as part of a Leap into Science National Network
- Access to the national Leap into Science leadership team and online resources
- A curriculum and materials kit (valued at $300)
- Web-based training on new curriculum themes in subsequent years
Visit the Leap into Science website for more information about this program and view, download, and share the informational flyer.
Leap into Science is funded by National Science Foundation, and led by The Franklin Institute and The National Girls Collaborative Project.