In their latest Crossroads newsletter, WebJunction reported that in 2016 they hosted two dozen new webinars, published more than 125 articles, and offered many courses and resources — all free and all library relevant. Here were the 10 most-read articles of the year:
- Library Heroes Make Health Happen
WebJunction and ZeroDivide debut a poster infographic for free download to help you start conversations about supporting community health.
- Growing Library Garden Programs
An amazing compilation of library garden programs around the U.S. (Including two from Wyoming!)
- Racial Equity in the Library, Part One: Where to Start?
The first in a two-part series focused on the complex and broad issue of racial equity in the library.
- Reading Conversations: RA for All Library Staff
Feature of Whatcom County Library System’s (WA) fun readers’ advisory initiative to boost staff knowledge of books and authors.
- Library Kitchens and Cooking Programs
An extensive collection of library kitchen, cooking and culinary literacy programs and ideas.
- Program Idea: Golden Girls Trivia
Judith R. Wright of Homewood Public Library (AL) shares step-by-step instructions for this fun trivia program.
- 15 Libraries Chosen for Small Libraries Create Smart Spaces Project
Announcement of the 15 libraries selected to participate in WebJunction’s latest grant-funded project.
- Updated Course: Dealing with Angry Patrons
News that WebJunction refreshed the LibraryU course, Dealing with Angry Patrons; a perennial favorite course now in an updated format.
- Library Spotlight: Senior Programs at Westerville Public Library
A look at the great work being done for older adults at Westerville Public Library in Ohio.
- How to Create a Robust STEM Library Program
Write-up of a popular WebJunction webinar on building a robust STEM focus at your library.
WebJunction is a great, free resource for your library — take some time to explore the rest of the site!