The Wyoming Library Association’s EDI (Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) Committee has restarted its Open Conversation series to discuss issues and topics that affect library workers and the patrons they serve. Each month, short reading prompts are sent out prior to the virtual event to give context for the Conversation.
January’s conversation focused on microaggressions. These resources were shared at the event:
- Derald Wing Sue Mini Moment (video)
- Two books: Microaggressions in Everyday Life and Microintervention Srategies, both by Derald Wing Sue
- America Ruined My Name for Me by Beth Nguyen
- ‘Bromance’ and Other Homophobic and Transphobic Phrases to Stop Using ASAP by Amber Leventry
- Code Switch and Finding Our Way podcasts
- Everyday Feminism
- Microintervention Toolkit
Upcoming events are scheduled for February 15 to discuss Critical Race Theory and March 15 to discuss pronoun use. Contact Conrrado Saldivar at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration information if you would like to attend.