- The Very Impatient Caterpillar by Ross Burach
- Nobody Hugs a Cactus by Carter Goodrich
- Cake! by Sue Hendra and Paul Linnett
- El Chupacabras by Adam Rubin
- Once Upon a Goat by Dan Richards
- High Five by Adam Rubin
Wyoming Reads is a statewide celebration focusing on the joy of reading. The highlight is that every first grade student in Wyoming receiving a hardback book with their name printed inside the cover, donated by the Sue Jorgensen Library Foundation. John Jorgensen established the foundation in 1996 and founded the Casper Cares, Casper Reads festival to honor his late wife’s commitment to children and reading. The celebration was expanded statewide as Wyoming Reads in 2006.
Events are held in all 23 counties. During the 2019 celebrations in May, more than 7,500 students received a book they picked out to cherish and keep.