Reposted from the Vermont Department of Libraries December 2018 newsletter
The American Library Association (ALA) offers a great article with tips on how to prepare for, give, and follow up after a budget presentation. Tips include information on:
- Identifying community priorities
- Ideas for ways to use your Friends group
- Leveraging strategic partners
- Qualities of a successful budget proposal
- Do’s and Don’ts for the presentation itself
- Links to graph tools to help you create visuals with impact
- And more!
While many of the tips are geared towards larger libraries, several are customizable to smaller libraries. The page also includes things you can do year-round to prepare for budget season and to help solidify your relationships with stakeholders in your community.