Local and state governments are now looking at ways to ease public health restrictions safely, meaning your library may be looking at how to reopen to the public in the near future. Do you have a plan? We’ve compiled some resources here to help you make decisions as to how you can successfully manage this transition.
Public Health Orders
Sample Reopening Plans
- Sample Staged Reopening Plan (New Mexico State Library)
- A Phased Reopening Plan for Libraries as COVID 19 Restrictions Are Lifted
- Utah State Library: Utah Libraries Plan for Moving Towards Full Service
- Colorado Library Consortium: Returning to Service – Libraries and COVID-19
- Idaho Library Commission: Webinar on Reopening Strategies
- Indiana Library Federation: Plan Outline in Phases from Library Closure to Reopening
- Individual library examples:
All PDF plan documents downloaded April 24, 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates (Institute of Museum and Library Services)
- Mitigating COVID-19 When Managing Paper-Based, Circulating, and Other Types of Collections (Institute of Museum and Library Services)
WYLD Member Libraries
Find more Wyoming links, information resources, tips for managing your library in a pandemic, and links for school, youth services, and academic librarians on the WSL’s Guide to COVID-19 for Libraries.