September is Library Card Sign-up Month, a time when Wyoming libraries join other libraries nationwide to remind everyone about the valuable resources available with a library card.
From borrowing books, ebooks, and audiobooks to getting homework help, learning new skills, or attending a book club or story time, a library card helps everyone do more of what they enjoy. All without stretching their budget.
All libraries can participate and amplify this year’s message by using free tools (including Spanish versions) from ALA. They include:
- Sample proclamations and press releases
- Ready-to-print and customizable min-posters
- Coloring pages of Elemental characters
- Digital graphics for your website and social media accounts
- Ready-to-air Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
- Full size posters and bookmarks (available through the ALA Store)
There’s something for everyone at your local library, and signing up for a library card is the first step on the path to academic achievement and lifelong learning for students. It’s elemental, really—everyone should have one!
Since 1987, Library Card Sign-up Month has been held each September to mark the beginning of the school year. During the month, the ALA and libraries work together in a national effort to ensure every child signs up for their own library card.