In addition to this handbook, the Wyoming State Library can offer help to you and your library in the form of additional resources, training and consulting on any of the topics in this guide, or any other issues you may face.
Please do not hesitate to call or email our Library Development Office if we may assist you. A toll-free number (1-800-264-1281) is available for your use to discuss issues and policies, request presentations or seek board training.
WYLDcat Mobile App
Take WYLDcat Along Wherever You Go!
The WYLDcat app makes it quick and easy to access Wyoming libraries on the go! Search your library’s catalog, download items, and manage your account instantly.
WYLDcat can be found by searching WYLDcat, Wyoming Libraries, or WYLD in your app store.
Supplementary Materials & Links
Wyoming State Library
Library Trustee Resources
Other States’ Handbooks
- New Library Directors Handbook (Montana State Library, June 2011)
- Handbook for New Public Library Directors in New York State (2010)
- Manual for New Directors of Public Libraries In Utah, 4th Ed. (August 2013)
- Public Library Director 101 Video Series
Wyoming Library Databases (WYLD)
- Space Planning
- Technology Planning
Library and Community Data
- WebJunction policies section
- CLiC Public Library Policy Collection
- Safe Harbor: Policies & Procedures for a Safe Library
- Wyoming Statute TITLE 27 – LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT in the Wyoming State Statutes