In addition to this handbook, the Wyoming State Library can offer help to you and your library in the form of additional resources, training and consulting on any of the topics in this guide, or any other issues you may face.
Please do not hesitate to call or email our Library Development Office if we may assist you. A toll-free number (1-800-264-1281) is available for your use to discuss issues and policies, request presentations or seek board training.
The Wyoming State Library curates a list of free, online, continuing education events (including live webinars and virtual conferences) for all Wyoming libraries to use for professional development.
In addition to the many live opportunities in our training calendar, each month we try to pick some useful and relevant videos that you can watch “At Your Leisure.”
Supplementary Materials & Links
Wyoming State Library
Library Trustee Resources
Other States’ Handbooks
- New Library Directors Handbook (Montana State Library, June 2011)
- Handbook for New Public Library Directors in New York State (2010)
- Manual for New Directors of Public Libraries In Utah, 4th Ed. (August 2013)
- Public Library Director 101 Video Series
Wyoming Library Databases (WYLD)
- Space Planning
- Technology Planning
Library and Community Data
- WebJunction policies section
- CLiC Public Library Policy Collection
- Safe Harbor: Policies & Procedures for a Safe Library
- Wyoming Statute TITLE 27 – LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT in the Wyoming State Statutes