Reposted from Colorado Virtual Library
Digital Citizenship is character education in a networked world
Responsible digital citizenship includes the ability to use the Internet safely. Knowledge and awareness are the building blocks of this new responsibility and a source of self-protection for young people who explore the world online.
This includes appropriate online behavior, interacting with other individuals on social networking websites and in chat rooms, and cyberbullying awareness and response.
Peruse the links below to view high-quality resources to assist in educating students about internet safety, social media netiquette, and cyberbullying. Games, videos, and simulations are used to guide students to become responsible digital citizens.
- Common Sense Media Digital Passport– Elementary
- Common Sense Media Digital Compass – Secondary
- Common Sense Education Digital Citizen Curriculum
- Common Sense Media Family Connections Host – Discuss – Share
- Cybersecurity Resources
- Be Internet Awesome
- Kidsmartz Learn with Clicky
- Kidsmartz for Teens
- GCF for Kids
- Brain Pop
- Nine Elements of Digital Citizenship – M. Ribble
By Christine Schein, Digital Literacy Instructional Specialist at Colorado Department of Education