Make your plans to attend the Wyoming Library Association conference on Thursday, Oct. 27. This conference will use a combination of live and recorded sessions, both distance and on-site, at satellite locations throughout the state. Attendance is free. Local sites will be:
- Campbell County Public Library
- Casper College Library – University Union Bldg./Rm UU421 (parking in lot 32 near the library)
- Crook County Public Library
- Eastern Wyoming College Library – EWC T132 Tebbet Bldg.
- Teton County Library – auditorium
- University of Wyoming – Coe Library Room 506
- Western Wyoming Community College Hay Library – WWCC Room 1309
- Wyoming State Library – large meeting room
To attend, simply go to one of the satellite locations. You may want to check in with the host, in case they need a lunch count. If you need local contact information, email Chris Van Burgh at email@example.com, Karen Kitchens at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Katrina Brown at email@example.com.
Individual libraries may also log in for the conference and select from the conference program. Contact Chris Van Burgh for the GoToWebinar information.
Events will start before 9 a.m., with time to be announced. Coming to you live at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. will be morning and afternoon keynote speakers Bob Beck from Wyoming Public Radio and Gene Gagliano, Wyoming Poet Laureate. Individual sites will have the option of picking and choosing from a selection of pre-recorded programs. You’ll also hear from library vendors.
Conference programs are being recorded over the next two weeks. If you have a great idea for a program you’d like to do, there’s still time! Contact Chris, Karen, or Katrina with your proposal.
More information will be posted on the WLA website at www.wyla.org as it becomes available. Hope to see you there!