Upcoming March Conversation
Mark your calendar — the Wyoming Library Association’s EDI (Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) Committee has planned an Open Conversation on Pronouns on March 15 at 4:00 p.m. All library staff are welcome to attend. Guidelines for these conversations are available online. For details and to learn how to attend, contact Conrrado Saldivar at email@example.com.
Resources from the February Conversation
If you were unable to make the February Conversation on Critical Race Theory, here are some links to additional resources that were shared during the discussion:
Articles and websites:
- What Is Critical Race Theory, and Why Is It Under Attack? (Education Week)
- After the Sun Goes Down (KUNC)
- 1619 Project
- Casper Freedom Trail
- The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America by Richard Rothstein
- Speaking of Race: Why Everybody Needs to Talk About Race and How to Do it by Celeste Headlee
- Four Hundred Souls: a Community History of African America, 1619-2019 by Ibram X. Kendi
Also check the Wyoming State Legislature’s website at wyoleg.gov/Legislation/2022 for the current status of SF0103 Education-limitations on teaching critical race history-2.