The goal of Wyoming Humanities’ grants is to support public programs that use the humanities to explore the state’s histories, stories, issues, and connections between groups and communities. Over the past few years, many Wyoming libraries have benefited from these grants. From 2018 to 2022, Wyoming Humanities awarded 35 grants to 15 libraries totaling nearly a quarter of a million dollars:
- Four Spark Grants for a total of $6,000
- Two CARES Emergency Grants for a total of $26,258
- 23 ARP General Operating Support Grants for a total of $189,940
- Four ARP Programming/Recovery Grants for a total of $20,000
- Two Museum on Mainstreet Grants totaling $5,000
All told, these grants total $247,198 in investments in Wyoming’s libraries that benefited the residents in these communities. Libraries who wish to seek funding from Wyoming Humanities are invited to see their Grants page at www.thinkwy.org/grants.