The six books for next year’s Wyoming Reads have been selected — everything from chewing gum to seahorses to purple people! Wyoming’s first graders are going to have a hard time picking just one of these fabulous books to keep and cherish:
- Brick by Brick by Heidi Woodward Sheffield
- The World Needs More Purple People by Kristen Bell and Benjamin Hart, illustrated by Daniel Wiseman
- Stretchy McHandsome by Judy Schachner
- On Account of the Gum by Adam Rex
- Alma and How She Got Her Name by Juana Martinez-Neal
- This Is a Seahorse by Cassandra Federman
Wyoming Reads is a statewide celebration focusing on the joy of reading. The highlight is that every first grade student in Wyoming receiving a hardback book with their name printed inside the cover, donated by the Sue Jorgensen Library Foundation. John Jorgensen established the foundation in 1996 and founded the Casper Cares, Casper Reads festival to honor his late wife’s commitment to children and reading. The celebration was expanded statewide as Wyoming Reads in 2006.