Systems Librarian, Wyoming State Library
Vacancy Announcement and Application
Open until filled. Application review to begin Nov. 16.
Salary: $3,742.00 – $4,678.00 monthly
The Wyoming State Library seeks an experienced individual to serve as a Systems Librarian for the WYLD Network office in Cheyenne Wyo. The Systems Librarian will assist the WYLD System Administrator in working with member libraries, committees, vendors, and other State Library staff to support and enhance the shared Integrated Library System (SirsiDynix Symphony).
The Systems Librarian reports directly to the WYLD Manager and serves as a point of contact for member library staff with questions or concerns about all SirsiDynix software modules with an emphasis on acquisitions, circulation, and public access.
The Systems Librarian (CRLI09) position provides technical expertise, day-to-day administration, and broad support for library software solutions. The incumbent will use a variety of technologies, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to provide the best possible experience for library patrons and staff using the WYLD library system.
The main duties will be to assist the System Administrator in the maintenance and support of all modules of SirsiDynix Symphony system. The Systems Librarian will work with the WYLD Support Team and vendor technical support to manage other platforms and software such as proxy servers for library user authentication. This position will also be responsible for the management of technical documentation and play a key role in training library staff on new and existing software programs.
- A Master of Library Science (MLS), Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Science in Library Science (MSLS), Master of Information Science (MIS), or an equivalent degree.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, organization, analytical, and problem solving skills with an ability to work with a widely diverse group of people.
- Two years’ experience supporting an integrated library system, preferably SirsiDynix Symphony, and related library software and hardware.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people with varying levels of computer skills, as well as the ability to make technology understandable to the library community.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting and independently.
- Familiarity with library technology standards and protocols such as MARC format, RDA, FRBR.
- Working knowledge of database technologies such as MySQL or Microsoft Access
- Proficiency with web development tools and one or more scripting languages such as HTML/CSS
About the WYLD Network
The WYLD Network is a statewide, multi-type library consortium of more than 100 different member libraries. The shared database contains more than 1 million bibliographic records and 300,000 patron records. The WYLD Office supports all modules of the SirsiDynix Integrated Library System (Symphony) as well as hosted solutions from the vendor that include Enterprise Catalogs and BLUECloud Central products, including eResource Central, MobileCirc, BLUECloud Analytics, and BLUECloud Cataloging.
For information on how to apply, visit the State of Wyoming jobs site.