The Wyoming Nonprofit Network (WNN) is offering Board Fundamentals workshops. This is a three-hour, low cost training offered in person at locations around the state. These workshops are for new and experienced nonprofit board members, individuals interested in serving on boards, and staff in leadership roles.
- Board roles and responsibilities
- Purpose driven board leadership
- The constructive partnership: board and executive
- Structuring a high performing board and the board building cycle
- Meetings that matter
Library trustees and Friends and Foundation board members may find this a good opportunity to learn and mingle with their counterparts from other Wyoming nonprofits and engage in team building. These workshops are Wyoming-focused, starting with a review of the obligations found in Wyoming Statutes.
The cost to attend the training is $60 for the first person from each organization and $40 for each additional. For WNN member organizations, that price drops to $45 and $25. Learn how to join.
Get the details and register here. Upcoming dates and locations currently planned are:
- Cheyenne: December 7, 2022, in the Cottonwood Room at Laramie County Library, 2200 Pioneer Avenue
- Rock Springs: January 4, 2023, at Wyoming Machinery Company, 1940 Elk Street
- Casper: February 1, 2023, at Wyoming Community Development Authority, 155 N. Beech Street
- Laramie: March 1, 2023, in the conference room at Wyoming Game & Fish, 1212 S. Adams Street
More dates and locations will be added. If you are interested in bringing to this to your community, contact Anna Wilcox at firstname.lastname@example.org.