Join a group of academic and public librarians from Laramie for a Niche Academy webinar to see how they provided a series of virtual programs about African American poetry and music. If you’re interested but not able to attend the live webinar, go ahead and register. A recording will be sent to all registrants after the fact.
Wednesday, Oct 6 (12-1 pm)
Virtual Programming During COVID: What We Wish We had Known in Advance & What We Learned During the Process (Niche Academy)
Presenters will talk about how they pivoted from a programming series initially intended to be in-person to a fully virtual set of programs during the COVID pandemic. They will share practical tips for what to keep in mind when planning accessible virtual programs, how academic and public libraries can collaborate to create dynamic programming that appeals to all ages, and how you can produce a video event. Finally, they will discuss the good and the bad and note areas where practices can be improved to help you avoid pitfalls in advance when planning remote programs!
- Stephen Boss is the Information Technology Librarian at the University of Wyoming. Prior to working at the University of Wyoming, Stephen worked as a librarian/archivist at Coors Brewing Company in Golden, CO and with Wright Water Engineer’s Inc. in Denver, CO.
- Michelle Green, formerly of the University of Wyoming, is now the Optometry and Health Professions Librarian at Northeastern State University.
- Yolanda Hood, [WLA presenter last year] formerly of the University of Wyoming, is now the Metaliteracy and Student Engagement Librarian at the University of Prince Edward Island.
- Cynthia Hughes is the Cataloging Librarian at the University of Wyoming. She serves on the Marketing and Communication Committee of the Association for Rural and Small Libraries.
- Susan Schulz has seventeen years of experience working in public services in academic libraries. For the past four years, she has managed Studio Coe, a multimedia lab in Coe Library at the University of Wyoming.
- Kathi Wilhelm is the Outreach Librarian at Albany County Public Library in Laramie, Wyoming.