Mr. Craig Morris, Managing Attorney for Trademark Outreach at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), will provide a 3-hour seminar at the Wyoming Technology Business Center in Laramie with a webinar option for those unable to attend the live presentation. Cost if free.
To attend in person, register here
If you cannot make the live seminar, please register here for a live webcast.
Some important Topics Mr. Morris will cover are:
• How trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations all differ.
• Why it is important for any new business to select a trademark that will be both federally registrable and legally protectable, highlighting factors critical when choosing a mark.
• The importance of doing a complete search and whether an attorney should be used.
• What may happen if another trademark owner believes it has stronger rights in a mark and issues a “cease-and-desist” letter.
• Information on what the USPTO does in the federal registration process and how to avoid “scams” perpetrated by companies that request fees for services not required by the USPTO.
This USPTO event is hosted by the Wyoming State Library and the Wyoming Small Business Development Center.