Wyoming academic and public libraries are invited to apply for funding to support a workforce development program in their library. The American Library Association and Google have provided $8,000 to the Wyoming State Library to fund these awards. Libraries that receive funding will:
- Implement or expand a program or series of programs for
- jobseekers to prepare for or find work and/or
- small businesses or entrepreneurs to grow online.
- Conduct programming between May 1 and August 1.
- Use at least one GoWYLD.net resource found in the Business and/or Job & Career Support subject sections.
- Use at least one of the Grow with Google resources for jobseekers and/or small businesses.
Libraries may also use their own resources, resources provided by the Wyoming State Library, or the Public Library Association’s DigitalLearn.org program.
Download the full grant guidelines. Application deadline is April 30, 2020.
Funds may be used for anything the library determines is necessary to continue or expand services and programs related to workforce development. Examples of ways funds may be used include, but are not limited to: marketing and outreach materials to advertise your programs, program materials and refreshments provided to participants, a stipend to program facilitators, bus passes for participants, or vouchers for professional headshots for LinkedIn accounts. Funds may not be spent on overhead, staff salaries, building materials, or capital works.
Grant funds will be reimbursed after the program(s) take place unless other arrangements have been made.