Reposted with permission from Library Strategies
- Diversify activities beyond book sales, into such area as special events, advocacy, PR, etc.
- Get social — hold “friend-raising” events for different targeted age groups (i.e., the local brewpub)
- Activate professional development training for your board
- Increase the “ask” and expectations of your Friends and foundation
- Move beyond the Library and hold Friends/Foundation events out in the community
- Market, market, and market some more
- Is it time for a major fundraising event?
- Engage community leaders to help recruit new board members
- Develop a challenge that will make a difference in the community that your Friends/Foundation can support
- Evaluate and set goals for your boards