About WYLD Committees
Terms of committee appointments will be for three (3) years beginning at the end of the annual meeting. Committee terms will be staggered. Appointments and reappointments shall be at the discretion of the President. Committee membership is open to paid staff, appointed or elected officials, and board members from participating members. As far as possible, committee members shall come from all types of agencies and from the six regions of the state (see addendum).
The Governing Board consists of the elected officers, elected representatives from library types and two elected at-large representatives.
The Governing Board meets a minimum of six (6) times a year, once in conjunction with the WYLD Network annual meeting. Each member of the Governing Board may have one vote.
The State Librarian is a permanent ex officio voting member.
This committee is responsible for monitoring database quality and recommends appropriate action to the Governing Board.
Download: WYLD Cataloging Standards
08/29/2022 | 08/01/2022 | 06/2022 | 05/2022 | 04/2022 | 01/2020
- Chair / Region 1 – Susan Centrella (2025) – email@example.com
- Region 2 – Leslie Tribble (2023) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region 3 – Sara Kuhbacher (2025) – email@example.com
- Region 4 – Libby Ngo (2025) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region 5 – Kennedy Penn-O’Toole (2023) – email@example.com
- Region 6 – Michelle Krmpotich (2023) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- WSL Representative – Shantry Miller – email@example.com
This committee will work with the ILS Support Team of WSL to identify, evaluate, and recommend new products to be used with the ILS system. Changes to the network bylaws will transition this committee to regional representation rather than library type starting in late 2021.
Download: Library Peripheral Equipment & ILS Integrations Survey
02/2022 | 01/2022 | 12/2021 | 04/2021 | 02/2021
- Chair (Region 4) – Kate Mutch (2025) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region 1 – vacant
- Region 2 – vacant
- Region 3 – vacant
- Region 4 – Kate Mutch (2025) – email@example.com
- Region 5 – vacant
- Region 6 – Wendi Walton (2024) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- WSL representative, Katie Rahman – email@example.com
The committee, in collaboration with the WYLD Support Team of the WSL, is responsible for updating the skills competencies on the WYLD Network members pages, establishing a training needs assessment process, and planning and implementing training in the regions and for WYLD Network annual meeting. WYLD Network members are responsible for communicating their needs to the committee.
Visit: Skills Checklists
06/2022 | 04/2022 | 03/2022 | 02/2022 | 01/2022 | 12/2021 | 10/2021 | 08/2021 | 07/2021 | 06/2021 | 03/2021 | 02/2021 | 01/2021 (contact the WYLD Office for older minutes)
- Chair / Region 4 – Lorene Peterson (2023) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region 1 – Liz Palmer (2023) – email@example.com
- Region 2 – Nicholle Gerharter (2024) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region 3 – vacant
- Region 4 – Lorene Peterson (2023) – email@example.com
- Region 5 – Bailey Murray (2023) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region 6 – Kim Rees (2023) – email@example.com
- WSL Representative – Cori Hundley – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ad Hoc Committees
This ad hoc committee was convened in October 2021 with this charge: To research, discuss and evaluate PII (Personal Identifiable Information) policies within the state and other organizations and make recommendation to the WYLD Governing Board.
- Linda Herget
- Michelle Boule Smith
- Megan Bratton
- Brenda Mahoney-Ayres
Nominations for Vice President/President-Elect, Representatives, and Member-at-Large shall be made by an Ad Hoc Nominating Committee prior to the annual meeting. The Nominating Committee will announce nominations two (2) weeks before the annual meeting. Nominations from the floor will also be allowed in case of candidate vacancies. Individuals nominated must consent to run before the ballot becomes official.
This ad hoc committee was convened in April 2022 and will be released at the WYLD annual business meeting in June, 2022.
2022 elections are for Academic Library Representative, Small Library Representative, Large Library Representative, & Member at Large
- Academic Library Representative (2-year term) : Jon Harwood – WWCC
- Small Library Representative (2-year term) : Cristine Braddy – Goshen County
- Large Library Representative (2-year term) : Rachel Crocker – Albany County
- Member at Large (2-year term) : Karen Horner – Park County
- Linda Herget, LCCC
- Terri Lesley, Campbell County Public Library
- Cara Nett, Laramie County Library System
This ad hoc committee was convened in September 2021 to make changes to the bylaws regarding the combination of the School and Special library representatives as recommended by the previous Governing Board president at the WYLD Annual Meeting, and to review language for consistency. Previously the committee was convened in early 2018 and was released at the WYLD annual business meeting in June, 2018. 2021 Bylaws revisions were minor and were submitted by the Governing Board for membership approval at the June 2021 business meeting.
Download: WYLD Network Bylaws
Download: Proposed Bylaws Revisions – 2022
- Chair – Linda Herget (LCCC)
- Kate Mutch – Natrona County Public Library
- Cara Nett – Laramie County Library System
- Jamie Markus – Wyoming State Library
- Desiree Saunders – Wyoming State Library
This ad hoc committee was reconvened in 2017 to review the WYLD Member Fee structure and make recommendations to update the Member Cost Recovery Fee Formula
Download: Committee Recommendations – Spring 2018
Download: WYLD Network Fees – Revised 2018
- Cameron Duff, Sheridan County Library; Co-Chair
- Jamie Markus, State Library; Co-Chair
- Brad Matthies, Casper College Library; Academic Library Representative
- Matt Swift, State Law Library; Special Library Representative
- Frances Clymer, Park County Library; Public Library Representative
- Desiree Saunders, WYLD Office; ex-officio
The Shared Purchases Committee is a statewide committee with representation from different types of libraries. Members of the committee are not necessarily members of the WYLD Consortia. The committee has monthly meetings to discuss and review resources licensed for statewide use, as well as evaluate new products on an as-needed basis.
Visit GoWYLD.net for additional details and documents
- Sarah Mailloux – Casper College – Co-Chair – email@example.com
- Denis Shannon – University of Wyo – Co-Chair – Denis.Shannon@uwyo.edu
- Stefanie Hunt- Linford and Harmony Elementary Schools – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faith Johnson – Powell Branch Library – email@example.com
- Meghan Kelly – Laramie County Community College – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Terri Lesley – Campbell County Public Library – email@example.com
- Suzan Skaar – Cheyenne South High School – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachael Svoboda – Laramie County Library – email@example.com
- Chris Van Burgh – Wyoming State Library – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paige Bredenkamp – Wyoming State Library – email@example.com